Make your own free website on


When I started to try and trace my family roots I had great difficulties in getting information.  What I didn't know was that the U.S. government will more than likely have your ancestor's or relative's military records which may include pension copies, medical notes, discharges, etc. that have names, birth dates, and much more.

To inquire and get records on your relative or ancestor, contact your U.S. Senator's office and request that records be sent to you.  You can do this if you are the oldest living relative or can get the oldest living relative to sign for you.  Your Senator will contact the National Archives in Washington and/or The National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis on your behalf as a Congressional Inquiry.

The cost in 1995 was $20 ...well worth it.